IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION
Dear Community Pediatric Medical Group Patients and Families,
First of all, thank you so much for all of your continued concern for our welfare. We are overwhelmed by the support in our community. We appreciate every phone call and email that we receive, and we are so grateful to be able to continue taking care of children, as we always have. We are all working together to stay safe during this pandemic, and we want you to know that we are here to support your families with medical care, advice, accurate information, and, as always, an open ear.
While COVID 19 seems to have become more wide-spread in the community than it was earlier in the spring, we are working hard to ensure that our patients and staff remain safe. We encourage everyone to continue to wear masks to protect yourself and others, wash hands frequently with either hand sanitizer or soap and water, and to continue to social distance.
We wanted to share some updates about our office:
- First, we are seeing all patients between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- We are no longer using our waiting room, and all patients will be brought directly to an exam room.
- We are sanitizing our office before and after every patient -- including chairs, door handles, counter surfaces, exam tables and flooring. We are able to accommodate office visits in your car in the parking lot for either anyone who is very ill or anyone who would rather be seen outside.
- We are asking those patients who may have suspected coronavirus to stay outside in the car, and we will come outside to examine you there.
- We have certain exam rooms that are kept for well exams only and, especially, for newborns.
- During this pandemic, we have suspended our early morning 7 am drop-in clinic.
We want to reiterate to our families that it is very important that patients keep up with their well exams, as is the policy of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Every year, each child should be seen for a routine check-up. This is a great time to make sure that all vaccines are updated, to check on height, weight, and development, school issues, to discuss any illnesses, pain, or chronic medical issues that may be occurring, and to discuss how our patients are feeling about the quarantine and the pandemic. This is the time to discuss depression and anxiety, and this is the time to make sure that your child’s general health concerns are all addressed. This is a time of much stress for many families as we have all moved to distance learning at school, social interactions are now all on line, and many families are facing anxiety and uncertainty. Kids pick up on this and react in many different ways. We are here to help.
There have been many studies lately that have indicated that patients across the nation are falling behind on their vaccines. We want to stress to our patients that we cannot compound the COVID pandemic with a community outbreak of vaccine preventable diseases such as measles. It is vitally important that children remain up to date on their routine vaccines.
As flu season is just around the corner, we also want to reiterate the importance of flu vaccines. Flu vaccines are safe and effective to help prevent influenza. As you all know, some patients who fall ill with Flu are sick for about 1 week, while others have secondary infections, hospitalizations, and even death. We want to remind our patients that there may be a terrible outcome of having a simultaneous infection with influenza and with COVID 19, and we want to encourage ALL families to vaccinate against influenza.
The influenza vaccine schedule is as follows:
- Flu vaccine is available to all children > 6 months of age.
- The first year that your child obtains the flu vaccine, he or she will need 2 doses of the vaccine, 1 month apart (this applies to children under the age of 9 years old).
- Over the age of 9, only one dose is needed for the first influenza vaccine ever given.
- If your child has already received the flu vaccine in the past, he or she will only need one dose per flu season.
- Flu vaccines will start to be available in September.
- Parent doses can be given in the office, but they cannot be billed to your insurance in our office.
- Feel free to schedule your appointment for your family's influenza vaccines.
We are always here to discuss any concerns that you have about your child. Please feel free to call us or schedule an appointment with your favorite pediatrician.
Dr. Goldstine, Dr. Scherr, Dr. Greene, Dr. Nudelman, Dr. Cornett, and Dr. Spiegel
The pediatricians at Community Pediatric Medical Group, Inc are pleased to welcome you to our practice. We want all our patients to be informed decision makers and fully understand any health issues your child may face. That’s why we’ve developed a website loaded with valuable information about pediatrics, and children’s health problems and treatments.
Our website also provides you with the background about our pediatricians, staff, office hours, financing policies, appointment procedures, maps, directions to our office in Westlake and Moorpark and other useful information. We know how hectic life can be and are committed to making our practice convenient and accessible for your family. And we want you to feel confident that when you choose Community Pediatric Medical Group, Inc as your child’s primary caregiver, you’re working with professionals who are qualified, experienced and caring.
Please take a few moments to look through this site to get a better feel for Community Pediatric Medical Group, Inc’s capabilities and services. We also invite you to call our Westlake or Moorpark office location at any time to request an appointment or ask any questions. Thank you.
Welcome to Community Pediatrics. Our friendly staff is dedicated to providing high quality preventive health care and medical treatment for infants, children and adolescents from birth to age 21.
We now offer early morning walk-in illness and injury visits Monday-Friday 7-8AM in the Westlake Village office only. No appointment needed! EARLY MORNING WALK-IN HOURS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19.